[OPLINLIST] [OPLINTECH] Wireless after hours.

Chad Neeper cneeper at level9networks.com
Mon Feb 4 12:44:09 EST 2013

All of the libraries I work with leave theirs on 24/7. The risk of patrons
doing illegal activity is no greater at night than during the day. In all
the years we've been providing WiFi to the public, there have been very,
very few cease & desist requests that I'm aware of. I've also heard
numerous times from several of my library directors that, over the years,
many patrons have approached them to specifically thank them for the
odd-hour WiFi...that the patron works super early/late and will stop by and
sit in the parking lot to check e-mail, etc. (or some variation on that
story).

FWIW.

*Chad Neeper*
Senior Systems Engineer

*Level 9 Networks*
740-548-8070 (voice)
866-214-6607 (fax)

*Full LAN/WAN consulting services -- Specialized in libraries and schools*