[OPLINLIST] Cataloging questions

Morgan paulmo at oplin.org
Thu Feb 7 08:24:56 EST 2013

We use thermal transfer printers that we purchased from Bayscan
Technologies. They have been in service since March of 2006. They are still
running just fine.

We print a book pocket label with the barcode on the label.

We user Horizon software for our ILS.   We would export a text from item
group editor of the books that were just cataloged.

We would import the text file into the label software.  The label software
could recreate our barcode on the book pocket label and then print a spine
label for us.

We could print our own barcode labels with this software, but it isn't
something we choose to do.

We have been very happy with the system. Once it is setup, the only time I
have to assist is when we change labels or change the thermal film.

I hope this helps,

Morgan

Morgan Paul

Technology Coordinator