[OPLINLIST] Mark your calendars for "Everyday Advocacy: Telling Your Library’s Story" - April 25, 2013

Shelly Miller shellym at ohionet.org
Fri Feb 15 15:28:32 EST 2013

*Please excuse any cross-postings.*

*Everyday Advocacy: Telling Your Library's Story*

Regardless of the type or size of the community we serve, libraries provide
our users access to critical services and resources.  We are the great
equalizers in the information game.  We are superheroes.  The problem
is...we know this already.  And, the big question is...after over a decade
of initiatives and outreach, why doesn’t everybody else?

Mark your calendars for April 25th and join OHIONET for this day-long
workshop and conference featuring Ruth Milligan, communications consultant
at Articulation, Inc <http://articulationinc.com/>. and co-curator of the
TEDxColumbus <http://tedxcolumbus.com> events, who will lead our morning
workshop to help you frame your everyday library stories to resonate with
power and effectiveness to your local community leaders.  The afternoon
will be filled with sessions from your library colleagues, inspiring you to
think about the ways you currently advocate, every day, and helping you to
aspire to new techniques.

When:  Thursday, April 25th, 9 AM to 4 PM
Where:  Holiday Inn
Worthington<http://www.holidayinn.com/hotels/us/en/worthington/cmhwo/hoteldetail?sicreative=9656778193&dp=true&sicontent=0&sitrackingid=35386077&cm_mmc=Google-PS-HolidayInn-_-G+B-AMER-%255BUSA%255D-East-_-%255BUSA%255D-%2528OH%2529-Worthington-CMHWO-_-holiday+inn+worthington&siclientid=1952>-
7007 N. High St., Worthington, OH  43085

More information can be found at http://www.ohionet.org/everyday-advocacy.

--

Shelly S. Miller
Continuing Education Coordinator