[OPLINLIST] Spoon Man for Summer Reading

Mary Anne Wood woodma at oplin.org
Fri Jan 4 10:43:08 EST 2013

Excuse the cross posting. I tried a couple of children's listservs and only
got a couple of responses.

Hi everyone,

I would like to have the Spoon Man come to our library this summer. He is
reasonably priced if he can do 3 shows in one day. Anybody else interested?

Here are times when our library could host him. He says these dates are
still available now. Can you fit in a program around any of these times?

Tuesday, July 2 at 2:00 pm

Monday, July 15 at 2:00 pm or 6:30 pm

Monday, July 22 at 2:00 pm or 6:30 pm

Thursday, July 25 at 2:00 pm or 6:30 pm

Monday, July 29 at 2:00 pm or 6:30 pm

Greetings to all. My name is Jim Cruise The "Spoon Man".

With the theme "Dig Into Reading", I'm thinking of a cereal bowl with books
inside and 2 spoons digging in.

I am a family musical interactive comedian and I'm also a published author.
My book is called "Spoon Boy". I also offer a workshop for teens and adults
called BYOS (Bring Your Own Silverware).

My web site is  <http://www.SpoonMan.biz> www.SpoonMan.biz . I have my
library brochure, video clips and info about my book on my web site.

My program is around 45 minutes. The most affordable way is to have multiple
shows on the same day. 3 shows or more the same day would be $300 per show,
2 shows per day would be $450 per show and 1 show would be $900.

The shows can be at any location as long as I can fit them in on a given
day. I do not mind driving an hour or more on a given day. I am willing to
do 4 shows a day. I do ask for a hotel room the night before the performance
to be split between the libraries or I can add $30 per library for hotel
costs.

I do not charge for mileage. In lieu of this, I ask that I'm able to sell my
book "Spoon Boy" along with trainer spoons after my performance.

Please call me for more specifics.

Thanks again.

Jim
1-888-859-6158