[OPLINLIST] Help finding locations of settees from Chicago World's Fair in 1933

Shannon Kupfer skupfer at library.ohio.gov
Mon Jan 7 16:04:47 EST 2013

Apologies for multiple postings

Hello everyone,

In 1933, Ohio contributed a number of items for display at the World's
Fair in Chicago.  A group of upholstered settees with carved backs, 34
in all, were part of that contribution, with each settee depicting
different events or locations in Ohio's history.  The settees were then
disbursed to various cultural-heritage institutions throughout the state
with the intention that they would be given permanent homes.  One of my
colleagues and I have been asked to locate any extant settees and so we
thought we would enlist the help of the wonderful Ohio library
community.  If any of you have seen a settee, or if you hold one in your
library's collection, we'd love to know about it.   We've digitized the
Ohio government document which features pictures of the settees and you
can view it here:
http://www.ohiomemory.org/cdm/singleitem/collection/p15005coll2/id/78/re
c/68.

Thus far we've determined the locations of five of these settees (the
State Library of Ohio holds one, as a matter of fact), and two more have
tentatively been located.  That leaves us with twenty-seven more settees
to find.  We don't anticipate that all of these still exist, but we have
high hopes that more will be found.  If you can help with this project
we would be very grateful.

Thank you in advance!

Shannon Kupfer, Digital/Tangible Media Cataloger

State Library of Ohio

Phone: 614.995.4115

Fax: 614.644.7004

www.library.ohio.gov <http://www.library.ohio.gov/>

The State Library of Ohio provides services and resources to assist
state government and libraries in providing the best service to all.