[OPLINLIST] in need of 3.5" floppy discs

Jennifer Coventry jcoventry at newcomerstownlibrary.org
Thu Jan 10 18:24:31 EST 2013

Thanks to everyone who offered to send diskettes! I should have plenty of supplies now.

Since a few people have asked, this is the craft I have in mind:

http://www.brit.co/diy-floppy-disk-planters/

I am hoping to make these planters with my teens for this year's "Dig into Reading/Beneath the Surface" summer reading theme.

I'm not going to supply the plants due to cost, but packets of seeds are very cheap. I figure we can make the planters, give them the seeds, and let them finish on their own.

If I don't get any colorful diskettes, I've got plenty of acrylic paints for them to make their planters unique and create their own designs. Super cute and a good way to recycle! :)

Thanks again!
Jennifer Coventry
Youth Services
Newcomerstown Public Library