[OPLINLIST] Paperback standing orders

dallen at cuyahogafallslibrary.org dallen at cuyahogafallslibrary.org
Wed May 8 14:17:23 EDT 2013

Everyone,

Just following up from my post of a few weeks back.

I asked about standing orders for Harlequin or other paperback romances.

IIRC, several people said that they got the ISBNs for the latest releases
from harlequinforlibraries.com and ordered them from their regular vendor,
and that worked for them.  Harlequin does have a more traditional plan as
well, but be prepared to make a few calls to reach the right person.

What we chose in the end, however, was plans offered through Baker and
Taylor.  They're called Parade, and B&T offers a choice of both Harlequin
and non-Harlequin plans in different quantities.  This worked for us
because we could get a mixture of publishers for a reasonable price.

I got to the Parade plans by a roundabout route.  Go to the TitleSource 3
login page (publiclibrary.btol.com) but don't log in.  Instead, click on
Automatically Yours in the rightmost blue section of the page.  On the
page that comes up, scroll down, and Parade and similar programs will be
about two-thirds of the way down in the gray column on the left.

Thanks, all.

David Allen
Coordinator, Cataloging and Acquisitions
Cuyahoga Falls Library

believed to be clean.