[OPLINLIST] Connect with your Community--Create a kid-centered information literacy project. Find out more with an OHIONET webinar (12/04/13)

Shelly Miller shellym at ohionet.org
Tue Nov 12 12:18:18 EST 2013

*Please excuse cross-postings.*

We all know how beneficial the simple act of reading can be for any user,
but especially our younger patrons.  For most of us, engaging young readers
is a key part of our mission.  We devote our summers to reading
programs--encouraging and rewarding young readers--and it’s a beautiful
thing.  But what if you could help teach them some key critical thinking
and information literacy skills at the same time?

Come join OHIONET for an online learning opportunity featuring a great
program aimed at school-age users that does just that!

*What*:  Finding Bigfoot at Your
Library<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=167>

*When*:  Wednesday, Dec. 4th, 3:30 PM to 4:30 PM

*Where*:  LIVE, online through Citrix GoToWebinar

*CLICK HERE <http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=167>* for
more information and registration options.

You’ll hear from Kristine Szabo and Dana Knott, both staff members at
Columbus State Community College’s Delaware campus, about how they
partnered with a local elementary school to present a “Day of College” for
area fourth-graders, complete with an engaging, age-appropriate, one-hour
information literacy lesson--Finding Bigfoot.

If you have any questions or suggestions about any of OHIONET’s CE
opportunities, please don’t hesitate to contact
Shelly S. Miller
Continuing Education Coordinator
OHIONET
 1500 West Lane Avenue