[OPLINLIST] Awaken, Inspire, and Engage the Leader in You. Announcing the 2014 Library Leadership Ohio Institute

McDevitt-Stredney, Marsha marshams at library.ohio.gov
Fri Oct 4 13:56:14 EDT 2013

Please excuse multiple postings...

[cid:image002.jpg at 01CEC109.7D24C030]"Library Leadership Ohio allowed me to find my strengths and apply what I learned to team and workplace situations."  So said an LLO 2012 alumna about her experience.  Let the Library Leadership 2014 Institute help define and inspire your leadership skills and potential.  Applications for the 2014 event are now available.  The innovative spirit of the Library Leadership Ohio Institute established over two decade ago continues with the 2014 Library Leadership Ohio Institute.

The State Library of Ohio, OHIONET, and OLC are again collaborating to bring you the 2014 Library Leadership Ohio Institute. Recognizing the ongoing challenges faced by all Ohio libraries, we believe that developing the next generation of transformative library leaders is vital to ensure the continued depth, growth, and quality of library services for all. LLO is an opportunity to develop future leaders for Ohio libraries, to help Ohio library staff become leaders in the communities they serve, and to work collaboratively to support the mission of the State Library and the purposes of LSTA within their institution.

The LLO 2012 Institute was a new format developed  by former attendees, former mentors and your State Librarian.  Evaluations of the LLO 2012 event have led to some changes which will further enhance the experience of and benefits to attendees, their library, and their communities.  LLO 2014 will begin the evening of July 22, 2014 and will conclude the afternoon of July 25, 2014 at the Holiday Inn Worthington.  The event will once again be facilitated by Ivy Library from Charlottesville, VA.  Ivy Library<http://www.ivylibrary.com/> has over 20 years of experience with academic, public, school and special libraries.
LLO 2014 targets both support and professional library employees working in public, school, special, and academic libraries and all are eligible to apply. The selection committee is seeking applications from individuals that demonstrate the following:

*        Outstanding leadership potential

*        Excellent communication skills

*        Successful library employment experience

*        Initiative, commitment and reasonable risk taking

*        Forward-thinking approach to problem solving

*        A commitment to the profession

50 individuals will be selected to attend LLO 2014.  More information about the selection process and application are available at: www.libraryleadershipohio.org<http://www.libraryleadershipohio.org>.  Questions should be addressed to Missy Lodge, mlodge at library.ohio.gov<mailto:mlodge at library.ohio.gov>.
We look forward to working with you and the Ivy Library to develop leaders who will build on the successes of the past and help lead Ohio libraries to the next level of excellence.
Beverly Cain, State Librarian of Ohio
Michael Butler, Director, OHIONET
Doug Evans, Director, Ohio Library Council

[cid:image013.jpg at 01CEC109.63209830]
Marsha McDevitt-Stredney
Director, Marketing & Communications
274 E. 1st Avenue
Columbus, OH 43201
Tel: 614-644-6875
Fax: 614-466-3584
library.ohio.gov<http://library.ohio.gov>
[cid:image014.png at 01CEC109.63209830]<https://www.facebook.com/StateLibraryOhio>  [Description: Twitter logo - links to the State Library of Ohio's Twitter page] <http://twitter.com/statelibohio>   [Description: Blog logo - Links to the State Library of Ohio's blog] <http://library.ohio.gov/blog/>   [cid:image016.png at 01CEC109.63209830] <http://pinterest.com/stlibohio/>
Share Your Story<http://library.ohio.gov/state-librarian/share-your-story> by telling us how a
State Library service or resource helped
you or your library.