[OPLINLIST] Ohio Libraries Snapshot Day is just around the corner - Use it to advocate for your library

McDevitt-Stredney, Marsha marshams at library.ohio.gov
Tue Oct 8 16:22:16 EDT 2013

Please excuse multiple postings...

Snapshot Day 2013: A Day in the Life of Ohio Libraries<http://library.ohio.gov/snapshotday> is just around the corner.  This year libraries are free to pick a day during the month of November that works best for them.
We encourage all types of libraries to participate. It's a wonderful opportunity to take photos and video, collect testimonials from your patrons, invite local leaders, communicate the value of your library, and celebrate the impact of libraries.

After Snapshot Day we ask that you share your results in our Flickr group and complete a brief survey. Then we encourage you to use the photos, usage data, and testimonials to advocate for your library in reports, promotional materials, press releases, and any other opportunity you have to communicate with decision makers.

A toolkit with instructions, helpful tips and information, templates, logos, and more is available at: http://library.ohio.gov/snapshotday/toolkit

The State Library will be at the OLC, OELMA, and ALAO annual conferences. Stop by our booth to say hello and learn more about Snapshot Day.

Feel free to contact the State Library or any of our Snapshot Day partners with your questions or suggestions.

Marsha

Snapshot Day: A Day in the Life of Ohio Libraries is a project of the State Library of Ohio in collaboration with  the Ohio Library Council, OPLIN, OhioLINK, OHIONET, ALAO, OELMA, and INFOhio.  Each year, Ohio libraries will participate in this advocacy effort by collecting photographs, stories, information, and comments to get a snapshot of a typical day in Ohio libraries.  All types of libraries are encouraged to participate to showcase what libraries do for Ohio residents.

[cid:image010.jpg at 01CEC442.8D3DDB50]
Marsha McDevitt-Stredney
Director, Marketing & Communications
274 E. 1st Avenue
Columbus, OH 43201
Tel: 614-644-6875
Fax: 614-466-3584
library.ohio.gov<http://library.ohio.gov>
[cid:image011.png at 01CEC442.8D3DDB50]<https://www.facebook.com/StateLibraryOhio>  [Description: Twitter logo - links to the State Library of Ohio's Twitter page] <http://twitter.com/statelibohio>   [Description: Blog logo - Links to the State Library of Ohio's blog] <http://library.ohio.gov/blog/>   [cid:image013.png at 01CEC442.8D3DDB50] <http://pinterest.com/stlibohio/>
Share Your Story<http://library.ohio.gov/state-librarian/share-your-story> by telling us how a
State Library service or resource helped
you or your library.