[OPLINLIST] book stumper - "Wraith"

Sarah L. Hintz shintz at pickawaylib.org
Wed Oct 30 10:37:15 EDT 2013

Hello Library-land!

I had a patron come in yesterday looking for a book and I could not find exactly what she was looking for. She said the title is Wraith (just Wraith - nothing else with it) but did not know the author. She believes it was published in the late 1970s. It's about an archeologist in Egypt that finds a tomb and opens a sarcophagus, which releases a virus that turns infected people into these rabid dog-man creatures. The virus is evidently called the dog-man virus, or something similar, because the infected people start running on all fours, like a rabid dog.

The copy that she had read was all black with a golden Anubis on the cover. I have found Wraiths of Time by Andre Norton (http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/n/andre-norton/wraiths-of-time.htm) but she said this was not it. Her Wraith does not deal with time-travel or alternate universes like Wraiths of Time.

Any ideas?

Sarah L. Hintz, Reference & Teen Services Coordinator

Pickaway County District Public Library
1160 N. Court Street
Circleville, Oh 43113
ph. 740.477.1644 ext. 227