[OPLINLIST] Library as Wedding Venue

Colleen Sandusky sandusco at loudonvillelibrary.org
Thu Aug 28 11:49:26 EDT 2014

The Loudonville Public Library does allow personal events, weddings and wedding receptions. At this time we do not charge any fees. As budget cuts have trimmed our hours and our staff I find that it has become more and more difficult to accommodate those who would like to use the library for large events. In a past life, I was a corporate event planner on the west coast, so I have experience with these types of functions. Before you decide if this is something you want to take on please consider your staffing and parking situation. If you are fortunate to have enough staff to manage the overhead of such events then great. Even with very clear boundaries of what can and can't be done I find that those having emotional events, such as weddings, can be demanding and downright rude.

Best of luck to you,

Colleen Sandusky
Public Relations
Loudonville Public Library