[OPLINLIST] Dolly Parton Imagination Library

Rachelle Miller rmiller at tmcpl.org
Thu Dec 18 08:03:06 EST 2014

We had a celebration for graduates of our Dolly Parton Imagination
Library program last night. In the past 12 months, we have signed up
more than 2,000 children in Miami County. We are currently sending out
more than 1,900 books EACH MONTH to children in our county to promote
early literacy. Graduates are those who turn five and, since some did
not enter kindergarten yet, we decided to have a celebration for them
and for all graduates. Every graduate got one more free book, courtesy
of our Friends of the Library. We had a scavenger hunt and encouraged
them to get library cards either here or at their home library. The
mayor read stories and we also had a train donated for our use from our
police auxiliary. Children could sit in the engine car or a train car
and have their picture taken. We have pictures on our Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/TroyPublicLibrary if anyone is interested. A
special thanks to our children's department for putting this together
and our children's manager for administering the program and to our
facilities manager for finding the train and railroad signs.

      Rachelle Miller, Executive Director

      Troy-Miami County Public Library

      419 W. Main St., Troy, Ohio 45383

      (937) 339-0502