[OPLINLIST] "Support a Maker Culture" Webinar Coming Soon from OHIONET (2/20/14)

Shelly Miller shellym at ohionet.org
Tue Feb 4 10:19:11 EST 2014

*Please excuse cross-postings.*

We connect people with the resources they want and need--it's what we do.
 But for your local crafters and DIYers, it's not just about macrame
anymore.  Now we're crafting with electronics and robotics, too.  Don't
believe me? Check out this great YouTube
example<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAjWU2vTZTk>from the good folks
at the Delaware County District Public Library.

If you're looking for ideas on how to support the fast-growing (and
fast-changing) Maker Movement in your community, OHIONET is here to help.
And, during  this upcoming OHIONET event, attendees will

   -

   gain an understanding of the modern Maker subculture
   -

   explore a variety online resources for DIYers, makers and crafters
   -

   gather ideas for how you can help promote the hands-on, handmade
   movement (including suggestions for in-house programs for audiences of all
   ages)

*WHAT*: Support a Maker Culture:  Arts & Crafts Resources on the
Web<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=170&reset=1>
*WHEN*:  Feb. 20, 2014, 1:30 PM to 2:30 PM
*WHERE*:  Live, ONLINE with Citrix GoToWebinar
*CLICK HERE* <http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=170&reset=1> for
registration options.

*REMEMBER*:  Employees of Premium Level OHIONET members can attend OHIONET
webinar and workshops for free.  Not sure what membership level your
library maintains?  Contact us <ohionet at ohionet.org>--we're happy to help.

If you have questions <shellym at ohionet.org> about or
suggestions<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1s7iXT9AwEfaVt4cjUF5RA4SHR4ixOGM1_HVdArx7maw/viewform>for
OHIONET's CE offerings, don't hesitate to contact me.

Shelly S. Miller
Continuing Education Coordinator
OHIONET
 1500 West Lane Avenue