[OPLINLIST] Freegal app for Kindle Fire, Fire HD, & Fire HDX

virginia wright wrightvi at oplin.org
Wed Feb 5 11:03:29 EST 2014

Has anyone else had issues helping patrons download the Freegal app to
Kindle Fire devices? Until the past two weeks or so, I had been able to
download the app to these devices. I checked w/Amazon's May Day help
service on the HDX and like me, the tech assistant wasn't able to find an
app. I actually have the app on our first generation Fire...it still works,
however the app on the second generation Fire (HD) keeps giving the
message, "Freegal Music has stopped". I have tried clearing the apps cache
& data but I still get the same message. Just wondered if anyone else is
coming across this issue and if so, have you found a solution? I know that
officially there is no Freegal app for Amazon or Barnes & Noble products,
but I was able to download it in the past.

--
Virginia Wright
Reference Assistant