[OPLINLIST] SOA 2014 Annual Spring Conference Friday, May 16, 2014

Jillian Carney jcarney at ohiohistory.org
Tue Mar 4 08:36:55 EST 2014

Please excuse cross postings

The Society of Ohio Archivists' invites you to attend the 2014 Annual Spring Conference to be held on Friday, May 16, 2014 at the OCLC Lakeside Conference Center in Dublin, Ohio.

This year's theme, Building Capacity: Discovering Archival Collections in the 21st Century, will explore user interactions with rare and unique materials in our technology driven society.

We are excited to announce that the plenary speaker is Chris Prom, Ph.D., Assistant University Archivist and Associate Professor of Library Administration at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. Dr. Prom is a recognized expert in digital archives.

Panel sessions and posters will feature topics on community outreach through mobile digitization and behind-the-scenes tours, digital repository migration, local grants programs, descriptive workflows, and more. This year's silent auction will feature a Bowe Bell and Howell Sidekick scanner, valued at over $1,000 and tickets to Zoombezi Bay in Columbus, Ohio.

To register and pay online, please visit <http://www.ohiohistorystore.com/workshops/soa-conference-2014.aspx> or visit our website <http://ohioarchivists.org> for a printable registration form to mail with your payment.

The registration fee is $40 for members, $60 for non-members, and $30 for students.  Lunch is included in the cost of the conference but advanced registration is necessary to guarantee lunch the day of conference.

For more conference information, visit <http://ohsweb.ohiohistory.org/soa/index.php?title=Annual_Conference>.

For directions to OCLC  visit <http://conference-center.oclc.org/map-and-directions.html>.

We hope to see you there!

Jillian Carney | Manager, Digital Services
Ohio Historical Society | 800 E. 17th Ave. Columbus, Ohio 43211
p. 614.297.2578 | f. 614.297.2546  | jcarney at ohiohistory.org<mailto:jcarney at ohiohistory.org>
[ohio history facebook]<https://www.facebook.com/ohiohistoricalsociety> [ohio history twitter] <https://twitter.com/ohiohistory>

What do Annie Oakley, Ulysses S. Grant, and the Wright Brothers have in common with the Ohio tax return? Find out here<http://www.youtube.com/user/ohiohistory>.