[OPLINLIST] Registration is open - Take 5: Take Three - A Youth Services Day of Dialogue, May 9 in Akron

Ingraham Dwyer, Janet jdwyer at library.ohio.gov
Mon Mar 10 09:23:16 EDT 2014

Please excuse duplication.

[cid:image003.png at 01CF3C42.5DD19C80]<http://library.ohio.gov/youth-services/take5>Registration is now open!  Space is limited; don't miss out!

Take 5: Take Three: An Ohio Youth Services Day of Dialogue
Friday, May 9, 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. / registration, networking, and attendee poster session begin at 9:00 a.m.
Optional special activities will be available Thursday evening, May 8
Akron-Summit County Public Library and the Akron Art Museum

Register here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/T5T3
Learn more here: http://library.ohio.gov/youth-services/take5

Take 5 offers a day of dialogue and discovery for museum and arts educators, school librarians, public librarians and library workers specializing in teen services, afterschool and recreation leaders, and other youth advocates.

The third annual Take 5 event continues our exploration of creative approaches, new ideas, collaboration, and network-building to inspire you and help you recharge.  This year, we are dreaming big and asking "What If?" For example: What if libraries and museums had no boundaries or walls?  What if an organization with a $50 programming budget could wow its patrons like an organization with a $50,000 programming budget? What if we let our students or patrons plan our programs, and we just knocked down their barriers?

Take 5 mixes formal presentations with informal conversation, idea-sharing, and serendipity.  We are delighted to announce opening speaker Alexandra Nicholis Coon, Executive Director of the Massillon Museum; closing speaker Ken Babby, Owner and CEO of the Akron RubberDucks (Double A Affiliate of the Cleveland Indians); and welcoming remarks by David Jennings, Director of the Akron-Summit County Public Library.

And new this year, Take5x brings these big thinkers to ask "What If?" in short-format presentations:
Kauser Razvi and  Helen Zaluckyj (Literary Lots)
Andy Aichele (COSI University)
Steve Felix (Akron Film + Pixel)
Dr. Kiersten Latham (Kent State University School of Library and Information Science)
Alison Caplan and Gina Thomas McGee (Akron Art Museum)

Attendees will share their dreams and successes in an open poster session and in small group conversations throughout the day.

The Akron Art Museum remains open until 5:00 and welcomes Take 5 attendees to return with no entrance fee, after Take 5 programming ends at 4:00.

A fee of $15, payable by cash or check on site, will cover lunch, refreshments, and materials.  Sorry, no POs, but receipts will be available.
Also, plan for a parking fee of $6.25 (cash only) at the High/Market Parking Deck.

Local attendees and those arriving on Thursday are invited to participate in Thursday evening activities including dinner and a visit to the Akron Art Museum, which offers free admission and late hours on Thursdays.  The Akron RubberDucks will be playing at home on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday of that week.  Make a weekend of it!

Expect an event full of energy, inspiration, and connection.  Attendees at the Take 5: Take Two event in April 2013 had this to say:
"I had a wonderful time and on our drive back, the conversations continued among my colleagues.  We felt the entire day was very rewarding."
"Nice to get out and hear about innovative programs and productive partnerships."
"Great event - both years have been well thought out with good presentations."
"Love the enthusiasm and the encouragement from professionals. Aren't we a fun group?"

What If we see you there?  We hope to!

[cid:image004.jpg at 01CF3C3C.288AC0C0]
Janet Ingraham Dwyer
Library Consultant
274 E. 1st Avenue
Columbus, OH 43201
Tel: 614-644-6910
Fax: 614-466-3584
library.ohio.gov<http://library.ohio.gov/>
library.ohio.gov/youthservices
[cid:image002.png at 01CE3601.569A19D0]<https://www.facebook.com/StateLibraryOhio>  [Description: Twitter logo - links to the State Library of Ohio's Twitter page] <http://twitter.com/statelibohio>   [Description: Blog logo - Links to the State Library of Ohio's blog] <http://library.ohio.gov/blog/>   [cid:image005.png at 01CE3601.569A19D0] <http://pinterest.com/stlibohio/>
Share Your Story<http://library.ohio.gov/state-librarian/share-your-story> by telling us how a State Library service or resource helped you or your library.