[OPLINLIST] Registration is NOW OPEN for “RDA 4 Everyone” in Columbus on 7/10/14

Shelly Miller shellym at ohionet.org
Mon May 5 13:17:10 EDT 2014

*Please excuse cross-postings.*

OHIONET is pleased to present our next multi-type conference, RDA 4
Everyone, coming up on July 10th at the Holiday Inn-Worthington.

​

*RDA 4 Everyone* <http://www.ohionet.org/rda-4-everyone> is a day-long
event centered on the much-debated, long-awaited new cataloging standard,
Resource Description and Access.  And, guess what?  It’s not just about new
MARC record fields. And, it impacts more than just your
materials-processing workflow.  RDA represents a revolution in how
libraries think about documenting AND accessing the resources we provide
for users--a big step toward a linked data future!

Our keynote speaker, Ted Fons (Executive Director for Data Services and
WorldCat Quality Management, OCLC), will kick off our day with a discussion
about the power and promise of shared data, how we manage and share
information about our collections, and ways to make our resources more
visible (and more accessible) to the world.  Three sets of breakout
sessions, and a buffet lunch, will follow Ted’s keynote talk--a full day of
learning and networking featuring colleagues and experts from around the
state*.

​CLICK HERE <https://www.ohionet.org/rda-4-everyone> to access the main
event page.  From there, you’ll find links and information on how to
register.  Note: OHIONET has provided two payment options:  credit card or
check.  Follow the link for your payment preferred method to register.

**Note*:  proposals for break-out sessions are currently being accepted.
 If you have an RDA insight, tip or trick to share, consider presenting.  CLICK
HERE <http://ohionet.org/rda-4-everyone-call-proposals> for more
information!  Presenters’ registration fees are covered by OHIONET.

To keep up to date with the latest RDA 4 Everyone news, join our
event<https://www.facebook.com/events/304162079708556/>on Facebook!

If you find yourself with questions, please contact…

Shelly S. Miller

Continuing Education Coordinator

shellym at ohionet.org

800-686-8975, ext. 37