[OPLINLIST] Tornado procedures

Colon, Karl kcolon at gcpl.lib.oh.us
Thu May 15 09:20:24 EDT 2014

Hi Linda --

We do PA announcements and move all staff and patrons to shelter. We implore folks not to leave the building, but we have no legal authority to stop them if they choose to leave.

We just leave everything in place: we treat it like a fire evacuation. As you can imagine, we take tornados super-seriously here in Xenia, and we've never had any getting folks to shelter or with theft during an emergency.

Thanks!

karl (Greene County)

Sent from my iPhone