[OPLINLIST] Counting computer time as reading for summer program...

Barb Scott barbarascott1956 at yahoo.com
Thu May 15 16:30:58 EDT 2014

 We would like to count computer time as reading time as part of our summer program for teens and tweens....whether they are on Facebook or gaming, they are reading, whether they realize it or not.

If anyone out there has done such, how did you document?  Did the kids keep track or did you?  We are trying to reach some really non-traditional readers here....who won't sit down and read a whole book....or a graphic novel...or a magazine.  We'd like for them to have the same opportunity to earn prizes as our readers.

TIA!

Barbara Scott, Children's Librarian
Bucyrus Public Library
200 East Mansfield Street
Bucyrus, OH  44820
419-562-7327 x 104
http://www.childrensprogramming.blogspot.com/
Author of 1,000 Fingerplays and Action Rhymes:  A Sourcebook and DVD
www.neal-schuman.com/far
JUST PUBLISHED!!!:  The Holiday Handbook:  700+ Storytime Activities...
www.neal-schuman.com/rtghs