[OPLINLIST] Only a few days remain to sign up for next week’s OHIONET webinar “Is That Legal?: Finding and Using Creative Commons and Public Domain Images for Your Library”

Shelly Miller shellym at ohionet.org
Tue Nov 25 09:15:47 EST 2014

*Please excuse cross-postings.*

The visual components of communication are becoming more and more important
in today’s world of social-media-driven interactions.  And, understanding
how to responsibly find and use images is a critical skill we need to
develop.  Whether you’re responsible for promotion and marketing your
library’s resources and services or you’re looking for resources (and
advice) to share with eager patrons, sign up to attend this upcoming
OHIONET webinar and explore online repositories of freely (and legally!)
available images.  We’ll be discussing basic copyright considerations for
images and demonstrating key tools and sites that you can use to find
images you can use!

WHAT:* Is That Legal? Finding and Using Creative Commons and Public Domain
Images for Your Library*
<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=238>
WHEN:  Wednesday, Dec. 3rd, 2:30 PM to 4:00 PM
WHERE: Live, ONLINE with Citrix GoToWebinar
CLICK HERE <http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=238> for
more information and online registration!

REMEMBER:  Employees of Premium Level OHIONET members can attend our
in-house webinars and workshops for free.  Not sure what membership level
your library maintains?  Contact us <ohionet at ohionet.org>--we’re happy to
help.

To check out all our current CE options, CLICK HERE
<https://www.ohionet.org/training-calendar> for the OHIONET Training
Calendar.

If you have questions <shellym at ohionet.org> about or suggestions
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1s7iXT9AwEfaVt4cjUF5RA4SHR4ixOGM1_HVdArx7maw/viewform>
for OHIONET's CE offerings, don't hesitate to contact me.

Shelly S. Miller
Continuing Education Coordinator
OHIONET
 1500 West Lane Avenue