[OPLINLIST] Don’t Miss Reference Skills and Resources Training at OHIONET

Shelly Miller shellym at ohionet.org
Wed Aug 12 10:04:05 EDT 2015

Please excuse cross-postings.

Offering efficient and effective reference service is a key part of what we do as librarians, so make sure you’re providing the best experience you can for your users.  Join us for our series, featuring Dr. Miriam Kahn, which will highlight freely available resources—like the U.S. Serials Set—and often-overlooked tools—like city directories—to help you get your users to the information they need.

Great sources are only part of the equation—ensure you’re asking the right questions. Our series kicks off on Sept. 24th with The Reference Interview: Tips and Techniques<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=289&reset=1>.  Join us to talk about RUSA’s recently revised guidelines and pick up suggestions for making the most of your patron interactions.  Click the link below for more information and registration options.

The Reference Interview: Tips and Techniques<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=289&reset=1>
Thursday, Sept. 24th, 3:00 PM to 4:30 PM—Live, ONLINE with Citrix GoToWebinar
CLICK HERE<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=289&reset=1> to register.
Don’t forget!  Employees of Premium Level OHIONET members can attend OHIONET’s in-house webinars and workshops for free.  Not sure what membership level your library maintains?  Contact us<mailto:ohionet at ohionet.org>--we’re happy to help.

Looking for more Reference Skills & Resources classes?  Join us for the whole series:
Get to Know Our Country’s Largest Publisher: Unlocking the U.S. Serials Set<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=290&reset=1>
Monday, Oct. 19th, 3:00 PM to 4:30 PM—Live, ONLINE with Citrix GoToWebinar
CLICK HERE<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=290&reset=1> to register.

Unpacking Citations: Understanding Sources and Structures<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=291&reset=1>
Monday, Nov. 16th, 3:00 PM to 4:30 PM, Live, ONLINE with Citrix GoToWebinar
CLICK HERE<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=291&reset=1> to register.

Special Sources in Genealogy and Local History: City Directories<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=292&reset=1>
Tuesday, Dec. 8th, 3:00 PM to 4:30 PM—Live, ONLINE with Citrix GoToWebinar
CLICK HERE<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=292&reset=1> to register.

Check out our Training Calendar<http://www.ohionet.org/training-calendar> for a full listing of all our upcoming sessions.

Shelly S. Miller
Continuing Education Coordinator