[OPLINLIST] Digital signage

Steve Owley sowley at westervillelibrary.org
Wed Jan 14 15:44:40 EST 2015

We have a "event kiosk" that shows the daily events / room reservations and we have large touchscreen that shows events and provides wayfinding.  The data is pulled from Evanced via its RSS feed and we provide better graphical data by filtering the RSS feed through a local server before Anode (anode.com) picks it up, so updating is automatic and follows the course of the day.

Patron reaction has been quiet in both cases--the commonplace functionality of the service, which everyone has seen at malls and such, does not inspire comment.  There have been no customer complaints, however, which means that the installation is doing its job.

Steve