[OPLINLIST] Office space for mobile workers

Stephen Hedges stephen at oplin.ohio.gov
Thu Jun 25 10:29:55 EDT 2015

Good morning, folks -

I got a question from Stu Johnson (former director of Connect Ohio), see the bottom of this message -- and my response in the middle.

Stu found an ALA survey that says half of public libraries "provide office space to a mobile workforce." I'm thinking that doesn't mean what he thinks it means.

The Digital Works program he mentions is a great program, there's more info about it at http://www.digitalworksjobs.com. I've talked with Connect Ohio folks before about using libraries as Digital Works locations, but we've always rejected the idea for the reasons Stu has listed.

Was I wrong? Are there libraries that would have a space that could be used for a Digital Works location?

Stephen