[OPLINLIST] Mark Your Calendars--OHIONET’s next conference will tackle assessment topics on 7/17/15

Shelly Miller shellym at ohionet.org
Wed Mar 4 09:55:17 EST 2015

*Please excuse cross-postings.*

Assessment, impact, evaluation, measures, metrics….

These are quickly becoming the new watchwords in the library world:
 measuring impact, defining outcomes, calculating ROI, assessing learning,
increasing student retention--the list goes on.  Librarians of all kinds
have been increasingly called upon to wrestle with these practices and to
develop skills in these new areas.  Whether your responsibilities find you
teaching & helping patrons, designing programs, or making resource
allocations, chances are you will be asked to participate in one or more of
these assessment practices. And, for almost all of us these topics fall
squarely into the “they didn’t teach me this in library school” column.

If this new reality keeps you up at night or makes you break out in a cold
sweat, you should join us for OHIONET’s next day-long, multi-type
conference, “Dive into Data: Gather, Analyze, Communicate
<http://www.ohionet.org/dive-data>”, on Friday, July 17, 2015 at the
Holiday Inn Worthington.  We’ll be de-mystifying the basics of assessment,
discussing why these skills are so critical, and talking about tactics you
can take back to your home institutions to help develop a culture of
assessment.  Registration opens on May 1, 2015!

*Looking for a chance to develop your presentation skills and add to your
resume?*

If you’ve found yourself working on specific assessment projects,
developing data-gathering practices, or been asked to demonstrate outcomes
for any of your programs or services, we invite you to submit a proposal to
share your experiences.  Proposals from individual speakers, pairs or
panels are welcome. For more information and list of suggested topics,
tools and themes, please CLICK HERE <http://www.ohionet.org/dive-data> for
the conference webpage.  Proposals to present will be accepted through
April 8th.

If you find yourself with questions, please don’t hesitate to contact
Shelly Miller at shellym at ohionet.org

If you have questions <shellym at ohionet.org> about or suggestions
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1s7iXT9AwEfaVt4cjUF5RA4SHR4ixOGM1_HVdArx7maw/viewform>
for OHIONET's CE offerings, don't hesitate to contact me.

Shelly S. Miller
Continuing Education Coordinator
OHIONET
 1500 West Lane Avenue