[OPLINLIST] CSLP launches new website - action required by registered users

Ingraham Dwyer, Janet jdwyer at library.ohio.gov
Thu Mar 5 12:07:51 EST 2015

Cross-posted to Library Youth Services, OPLINlist, and Small Libraries List.  Please excuse duplication.

Good morning,

A little clarification about the new CSLP website and my email from yesterday.

If you've been looking around this site, you may have seen a path through the menus that leads to what appears to be a membership form.  This path is "Membership & Sponsorship" --> "Join Us" --> "Membership Agreement Form".

However, the form on that page is a partnership form, to be used when a public library wishes to use CSLP resources in collaboration with a nonprofit organization or non-public-library governmental agency.

I have asked the CSLP Website Committee chair for clarification on use of that form.  Ordinarily, you do not need to fill it out (unless you are pursuing a collaboration as described above).

All Ohio public libraries are already CSLP members by virtue of our statewide membership.  Ohio public libraries are, of course, not required to use CSLP themes and resources, but every Ohio public library may do so if they wish, without taking any further action with CSLP.

Registering as a CSLP website user is a separate process.  Any person working in an Ohio public library is welcome to register as an individual, for access to additional resources on the website which are not accessible to people who are not logged in to http://www.cslpreads.org/.  Registration is NOT required in order to be a CSLP member library, use the manuals or artwork, etc.

I've asked for a "Register" link to be added to the homepage; meanwhile, to register from the CSLP homepage, click on "Login" and then click on "Register".  Or go directly to this link:
https://www.cslpreads.org/wp-login.php?action=register

If you have previously registered and want to use your same username, click on "Login" then "Lost your password?" to reset your password, per my email yesterday.

With hope, this is somewhat clearer than mud, which is what we're going to see a lot of once all this snow melts.  Happy SRP planning, and please don't hesitate to contact me if I can clarify further, or help you with anything SRP-related.

Best,
Janet

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D0573D.0020B730]
Janet Ingraham Dwyer
Library Consultant
jdwyer at library.ohio.gov<mailto:jdwyer at library.ohio.gov>
http://library.ohio.gov/youthservices
[cid:image002.png at 01CE3601.569A19D0]<https://www.facebook.com/StateLibraryOhio>  [Description: Twitter logo - links to the State Library of Ohio's Twitter page] <http://twitter.com/statelibohio>   [Description: Blog logo - Links to the State Library of Ohio's blog] <http://library.ohio.gov/blog/>   [cid:image005.png at 01CE3601.569A19D0] <http://pinterest.com/stlibohio/>
Share Your Story<http://library.ohio.gov/state-librarian/share-your-story> by telling us how a State Library service or resource helped you or your library.