[OPLINLIST] You're invited: Annual SLIS Celebration of Alumni & Student Success!

Cunningham, Flo fcunning at kent.edu
Mon Mar 9 10:00:57 EDT 2015

Please excuse duplicate postings.

The School of Library and Information Science at Kent State University invites you to attend its Celebration of Alumni and Student Success 2015, honoring our outstanding alumni and friends (including alumni and friends of the year, recent graduates and more), along with our exceptional students (including scholarship recipients, graduate assistants and more).

Our LIS Alumnus of the Year Award will be given to Catherine Hakala-Ausperk; our IAKM Alumnus of the Year Award will go to Don P. Jason III; and our Friend of the Year is Carolyn S. Brodie. For more information about the honorees, visit http://bit.ly/SLIScelebration2015.

The annual event will take place on Wednesday, April 1, at the SLIS site in the State Library of Ohio in Columbus, for alumni, students and friends in southern/central Ohio, and on Tuesday, April 21, at SLIS on the Kent Campus in Kent, Ohio, for those in northern/northeast Ohio. Events in both locations start at 6 p.m. and are open to all; there is no charge to attend, but a reservation is requested:  http://bit.ly/CelebrationOfSuccess2015.
I hope you will join us for some hors d'oeuvres and collegial conversation as we celebrate and recognize our outstanding students and alumni - as well as our community partners and supporters. Event details can be found at http://bit.ly/SLIScelebration2015.

If you have any questions about the events, please contact Flo Cunningham at fcunning at kent.edu<mailto:fcunning at kent.edu>.

I look forward to seeing you next month!

Sincerely,

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CF3D34.64ED9800]
Jeff Fruit
Interim Director
Kent State University
P.O. Box 5190
314 University Library
Kent, OH 44242-0001
330-672-2782

(Please note - your name may be on multiple invitation lists. Please excuse any duplication of messages!)