[OPLINLIST] Update on possible recovery of old OPLIN emails

Stephen Hedges st.hedges at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 11:21:09 EDT 2015

We speculated earlier that we might be able to recover people's old
emails that were stored on the Zimbra server if we could complete
three steps:  1) determine if any of the 6+ million files were
actually individual email messages stored in a standard format;  2)
sort the emails by sender and/or receiver;  and 3) deliver the emails
to the sender and/or receiver.

Step one is done. We have determined that we do indeed have copies of
all the emails that were stored on the server, and they are in a
standard format.

The next two steps are going to be harder, but we're working on it.
There is a glimmer of hope.

Stephen
--
Stephen Hedges, Director
2323 W. Fifth Ave, Suite 130, Columbus, OH 43204