[OPLINLIST] Interested in sharing your story time programs, knowledge or expertise?

Rachelle Perry Rachelle.Perry at neo-rls.org
Wed Mar 18 13:13:43 EDT 2015

"Please excuse cross-postings"

Warm weather greetings everyone!

Due to the OPLIN email issues I've decided to re-send this email. Also, the dates for the webinars have been moved back slightly due to a wonderful webinar opportunity that just kind of fell into our laps and instead of passing it up we just pushed the dates back slightly.  The title is "More Than Crafts: Implementing learning activities and experiences in your storytimes" and is being offered through NEO-RLS on May 5th.  That webinar is set to go, but the new webinar dates that I need presenters for are below!

What I am putting together is a series of Webinars on the topic of story times. The webinars are aimed at anybody new to doing story times, or folks that just want to get some fresh ideas and see what other library staff do for their story time programs.

*         The dates for the Webinars I need presenters for are Tuesdays May 12th, June 2nd  and June 9th. The time is from 2-3pm.  One webinar will cover Baby story time (May 12th), another Toddler/Preschool (June 2nd), and the last one Special Needs/Sensory(June 9th).

*         The presentation should be anywhere between 10-20 minutes long.

*         There is no specific format, but if you would like to do a power point presentation, that would be fine, but not necessary.

*         Here at NEO, we use Adobe Connect.  This software allows for presenters to do an audio only presentation (requires a headset/microphone), or if you have a webcam, you may use that if you'd like.  Adobe is simple to use and all you do is follow the link I send to the 'chatroom'.  I will do a test run with you ahead of time, just to make sure everything works.

As a former Youth Services Librarian, I am all about idea sharing, and judging from the feedback I've received already, these webinars are welcome and needed, and I'm happy to offer any program that enhances Youth Services!

Please let me know as soon as possible if you would be interested in sharing your ideas, lesson plans or knowledge of any of these story times, and for which webinar(s) you are available to share in.

Kindest Regards,
Rachelle

Rachelle L. Perry
Youth Services Coordinator/Office Administrator
Northeast Ohio Regional Library System (NEO-RLS)
1580 Georgetown Rd., Hudson, OH 44236   330-655-0531  (fax) 330-655-0568
[cid:image003.jpg at 01D05693.F0B7C120]
NEO Helps Libraries Succeed!