[OPLINLIST] New database interfaces

Stephen Hedges st.hedges at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 08:45:48 EDT 2015

It must be Spring, the database vendors are rolling out fresh new
interfaces for some of their products. So far, we've heard from World
Book and EBSCO; the pertinent parts of their news releases are
summarized below.

World Book:
World Book has redesigned its Student and Advanced databases. These
are similar to the new Kids interface. We have the option to change to
the new interfaces or keep the old ones until July 1; INFOHio will not
be switching until the summer, so OPLIN will probably wait until
mid-June to switch the interfaces used for ohioweblibrary.org. See
http://www.worldbook.com.au/announcements/article-redesign. (That's
their Australian site, but it has pictures. The US news release is at
http://www.worldbook.com/news/2015/03/20/world-book-launches-world-book-student-and-world-book-advanced-new-online-research-sites-for-students.)

EBSCO:
Searchasaurus, Kids Search, and Student Research Center have been
combined into one new interface called Explora, that is available now
and will become the only option on July 1. Again, we'll wait until
after the school year is over to switch the interface used for
ohioweblibrary.org. See
http://www.ebscohost.com/us-high-schools/explora.

Stephen
--
Stephen Hedges, Director
2323 W. Fifth Ave, Suite 130, Columbus, OH 43204