[OPLINLIST] NOTSL is seeking new officers

Yuezeng S Yang y.s.yang at csuohio.edu
Wed Apr 6 15:10:43 EDT 2016

Northern Ohio Technical Services Librarians is seeking new officers. The chief business of NOTSL is to put together two educational meetings per year. The money raised from these meetings is then given as scholarships to technical services librarians and to library school students. The members of the NOTSL board make this happen. Board members meet at 2 board meetings per year in addition to email, telephone, etc. The board is experienced, stable, and efficient.

NOTSL will hold elections at the Spring Meeting on June 10th. Officers elected in June will take office immediately. We seek a Vice Chairperson, a Scholarship Committee member and an Executive Committee member.

The Vice Chairperson serves three consecutive one-year terms, one as Vice-Chairperson/Chairperson Elect, one as Chairperson, and one as Immediate Past Chair and Chair of the Scholarship Committee. Your busiest year would be the 2nd year. As Chairperson you would run all of the meetings and work with other board members to plan programs. As Immediate Past Chair you chair the Scholarship Committee.

The Scholarship Committee member helps plan meetings, and helps administer the NOTSL scholarships. This is a two-year commitment.

The Executive Committee member helps plan meetings and projects and generally assists the Chair. This is a two-year commitment.

We are seeking two candidates for each of these offices. Are you interested in running for a NOTSL office this spring? If so, please contact me at mbmaurer at kent.edu<mailto:mbmaurer at kent.edu> or at 330-628-0313.

Thank you!

MARGARET MAURER
mbmaurer at kent.edu<mailto:mbmaurer at kent.edu>
330.628.0313