[OPLINLIST] MARC record enrichment

Jan Berger janberger at lebanonlibrary.org
Wed Mar 2 19:35:58 EST 2016

Hello everyone,

I am looking for evaluations from folks who have worked on and used catalogs
before and after authority control work.

Did authority control cleanup (or establishment)  help resolve search issues
when you were helping patrons search using the library catalog?

Did you take a further step to enrich your MARC records with more access
points like tables of content or character descriptors in order to get even
better search results?

Did the MARC record enrichment help more than just cleaning up or
establishing authority control?

I would appreciate the feedback and thank you in advance!

Jan M. Berger

IT Coordinator

Lebanon Public Library

513.932.2665

www.lebanonlibrary.org <http://www.lebanonlibrary.org/>

I have a new email address. Please update my information in your contacts.