[OPLINLIST] Get Special Collections TLC Tips with Advanced Book Repair and Structure at OhioNET on 5/19

Shelly Miller shellym at ohionet.org
Tue Mar 8 09:10:11 EST 2016

Please excuse cross-postings.

If you have local or unique items that need a little TLC, plan to join us for Advanced Book Repair and Structure on May 19th at OhioNET.  This day-long workshop picks up where our basic book repair class leaves off, covering introductory preservation techniques and decision-making processes for rare, brittle, and fragile books. Attendees get hands-on practice time with our workshop leader, Dr. Miriam Kahn, and a supply kit to take back to their institutions.  Techniques and topics will include stabilizing preservation decisions, evaluation of rehousing and boxing options, pamphlet binding, multiple signature binding, appropriate use of heat set tissue and MORE!

Click the link below to sign up today.  Registration for this event closes on April 27th!

Advanced Book Repair and Structure<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=333&reset=1>
Thursday, May 19th from 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM at OhioNET

Note: The kit fee for this session ($70) is reflected in the pricing.  For Premium Members, this is a rare situation in which you will be charged for attendance at this session. Not sure what membership level your library maintains? Select your employer from the drop-down list on the registration page and your member level will automatically be populated on the form.  If you find yourself with questions, contact us<mailto:ohionet at ohionet.org>--we're happy to help!

Want more info about our CE?  Check out our Training Calendar<http://www.ohionet.org/training-calendar> for a full listing of all our currently scheduled events or contact me with questions.

Shelly S. Miller
Continuing Education Coordinator
OhioNET