[OPLINLIST] Cataloging Training Kicks Off at OhioNET with the Introduction & Basic Description series

Shelly Miller shellym at ohionet.org
Thu Mar 10 09:58:04 EST 2016

Please excuse cross-postings.

Whether you're new to cataloging or could use an RDA-related refresher, OhioNET is here to help with our Fundamentals of Cataloging courses.  Aimed at folks who primarily practice copy cataloging, our series is beginning again with the Introduction & Basic Description material in which we'll be discussing core cataloging concepts and processes.  This material provides the foundation for our other cataloging training sessions and will be available in two different formats.  Click the links below for more information and registration options.

In-Person
If you think you might benefit from some hands-on time in a small-group, face-to-face setting to increase your comfort with common copy cataloging tasks, then sign up for our day-long, in-person session, Fundamentals of Cataloging: Introduction and Basic Description<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=311>, to be held on Tuesday, Mar. 29th (9:30 AM to 3:30 PM).

Web-Based
If online learning is your best option, we offer the same content in a convenient web-based format that allows you to learn right from your desk.  Each two-hour webinar in the series features real-time quizzes, practice time, and other interactive tools.  All registrants for each session will receive a link to an archived recording of the webinar within 24-hours of broadcast.

*        Session 1-Fundamentals of Cataloging ONLINE: Basic Cataloging Overview<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=314> will be Tuesday, Apr. 5th (1:30 PM to 3:30 PM)

*        Session 2-Fundamentals of Cataloging ONLINE: Meet MARC<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=315> will be Tuesday, Apr. 12th (1:30 PM to 3:30 PM)

*        Session 3-Fundamentals of Cataloging ONLINE: RDA vs AACR2<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=316> will be Tuesday, Apr. 19th (1:30 PM to 3:30 PM)

Don't forget!  Employees of Premium Level OhioNET members can attend our in-house webinars and workshops for free.  Not sure what membership level your library maintains? Select your employer from the drop-down list on the registration page and your member level will automatically be populated on the form.  If you find yourself with questions, contact us<mailto:ohionet at ohionet.org>--we're happy to help!

Looking for other topics? Check out our Training Calendar<http://www.ohionet.org/training-calendar> for a full listing of all our currently scheduled events.

Shelly S. Miller
Continuing Education Coordinator
OhioNET