[OPLINLIST] Supreme Court of Ohio Library tour - a few more days left to register

PWillke at library.ohio.gov PWillke at library.ohio.gov
Tue Nov 29 15:01:02 EST 2016

Please excuse multiple postings

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/0c06bfbaf68eda1e223463315/images/113b835f-cbfd-4206-b246-8114dfd0faa2.jpg]

Wednesday, December 7, 2016

9:00-9:30 AM
Networking & Snacks

9:30-11:00 AM
Program & Tour

Supreme Court of Ohio
65 South Front St.
Columbus, Ohio 43215-3431

Register (required) by December 1 here.<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScScmqRriSLRypGem4xOl898uSsyQkofK4gjvnQExNUvFeIjA/viewform>

For parking (self-pay) ideas, try here<http://www.supremecourtofohio.gov/MJC/visiting.asp>.

Legal Research for the
Non-Law Librarian

Join the Supreme Court Law Library staff as we discuss basic legal research for all librarians.  We will talk about how Ohio laws, both statutes and regulations, operate and how to help patrons coming into your library.  Discover how the Supreme Court Law Library can help you and enjoy a tour of the historic Thomas J. Moyer Ohio Judicial Center.  Our presenters are Marissa Mason, Research Librarian, and Erin Waltz, Public Service Manager, of the Supreme Court of Ohio Law Library.

Marissa Mason provides research and reference services to the Justices and court staff, state agencies, attorneys, and the general public. An upstate New York native, she previously worked for the New York State Court of Appeals Library and the Albany Public Library. Marissa holds a B.A. in English from the College of Saint Rose and an M.S.I.S. from the University of Albany.

Before coming to the Supreme Court, Erin Waltz was the Research Librarian at Bricker & Eckler LLP and the Ohio Attorney General's office. Erin is now the Past President and Webmaster of the Central Ohio Chapter for the Special Libraries Association and a member of the Columbus Bar Association, the Ohio Regional Association of Law Libraries, and the American Association of Law Libraries. Erin holds a BA in History from Capital University and an MLIS from Kent State University.

[https://cdn-images.mailchimp.com/icons/social-block-v2/color-twitter-48.png]<https://twitter.com/CO_ASIST>

[https://cdn-images.mailchimp.com/icons/social-block-v2/color-facebook-48.png]<https://www.facebook.com/COhioASIST>

[https://cdn-images.mailchimp.com/icons/social-block-v2/color-link-48.png]<http://www.asis.org/Chapters/coasis/>

Copyright (c) 2016 Central Ohio Chapter, Association for Information Science and Technology, All rights reserved.

Phil Willke
Reference Librarian
274 E. 1st Avenue
Columbus, OH 43201