[OPLINLIST] OhioNET’s Fundamentals of Cataloging series offers new topics—Beginner’s Guide to BIBFRAME (10/11/16)

Shelly Miller shellym at ohionet.org
Wed Sep 7 09:36:54 EDT 2016

Please excuse cross-postings.

OhioNET is expanding our Fundamentals of Cataloging series to include sessions that de-mystify topics and trends in the cataloging world that can make a big difference both inside and outside your technical services department.  Whether you’re responsible for maintaining catalog records or for making decisions about cataloging policies at your library, plan to join us for our first new session, Beginner’s Guide to BIBFRAME<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=352&reset=1>.  This session serves as an introduction to this new type of bibliographic record that can take our catalogs into the 21st Century, overcoming the barriers that MARC records create for web users trying to find library resources. Click the link below for more information and registration options.

Beginner’s Guide to BIBFRAME<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=352&reset=1>,
Tuesday Oct. 11th, 1:30 PM to 2:30 PM
Presenter: Tim Keller, Baldwin Wallace University

Can’t make it during the scheduled time?  You'll still have access to our content.  Everyone who registers will automatically receive a link to view the archived recording of our session for later viewing.

Don’t forget!  Employees of Premium Level OhioNET members can attend almost all of our in-house workshops or webinars at no charge.  Not sure what membership level your library maintains? Select your employer from the Organization list on the registration page and your member level will automatically be populated on the form.  If you find yourself with questions, contact us<mailto:ohionet at ohionet.org>--we’re happy to help!

Looking for more cataloging sessions?  Check out these other upcoming webinars or head to our Training Calendar<http://www.ohionet.org/training-calendar> for a full-listing of events.

Fundamentals of Cataloging ONLINE: Overview of Subject Analysis for Copy Catalogers<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=343>
Explore the variety of subject heading systems, discuss cataloger’s judgement and bias, and learn about MARC21 coding for Library of Congress Subject Headings.
Tuesday, November 15th, 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM

Fundamentals of Cataloging ONLINE: Subject Analysis Tools for Copy Catalogers<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=344>
Learn about the rules for how LoC subject heading are assigned to a record, understand the variety of RDA-related changes to subject authority records, and explore free, online tools to help you assess the quality of existing subject headings.
Tuesday, Nov. 29th, 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM

Fundamentals of Cataloging ONLINE: Subject Analysis Suggested Workflows<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=345>
Define your copy cataloging process for checking the validity of assigned subject headings, discuss cataloger’s etiquette in shared catalogs, and explore the types of changes and corrections that are commonly required.
Tuesday, Dec. 6th, 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM

If you find yourself with questions, please don’t hesistate to contact…
Shelly S. Miller  |  Continuing Education Coordinator
OhioNET | 1500 West Lane Avenue | Columbus, OH 43221-3975
(800) 686-8975 x37  |  shellym at ohionet.org<mailto:shellym at ohionet.org>