[OPLINLIST] Last chance to get a better picture of the past! Join us at OhioNET's upcoming Reference Skills & Resources webinar (2/15/17)

Shelly Miller shellym at ohionet.org
Wed Feb 8 11:44:46 EST 2017

Whether you need more useful resources to help with local history questions, school projects, or library instruction sessions, OhioNET's upcoming webinar, "Find & Use Historical Census Data to Bring the Past to Life," will feature free resources from FDSys, Statistical Abstracts, and the U.S. Census Bureau, as well as subscription tools like Ancestry.com (available through the Ohio Web Library). This rich collection of data is just a few clicks away.  Join us to discuss how to access and assess these tools to help your patrons to meet their information needs.  Only a few days remain to register!

Find & Use Historical Census Data to Bring the Past to Life<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=384&reset=1>
Wednesday, Feb. 15th, 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM EST, live ONLINE
Presenter: Dr. Miriam Kahn, MBK Consulting

Can't make it during the scheduled time?  You'll still have access to our content.  Everyone who registers will automatically receive a link to view the archived recording of our session for later viewing.

Don't forget!  Employees of Premium Level OhioNET members can attend almost all of our in-house workshops or webinars at no charge.  Not sure what membership level your library maintains? Select your employer from the Organization list on the registration page and your member level will automatically be populated on the form.

Looking for more sessions in our Reference Skills & Resources series?  Check out these other upcoming sessions or head to the OhioNET Training Calendar<http://www.ohionet.org/training-calendar> for a full listing of all our currently scheduled events.

Unpacking Citations<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=385&reset=1>
Need a refresher on common citation formats?  We'll cover those details and show you the power of citation databases to help your users find commonly cited sources.
Thursday, Mar. 16th, 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM EST, live ONLINE
Presenter: Dr. Miriam Kahn, MBK Consulting

Working with Wikipedia: Utilizing the Online Encyclopedia as a Valuable Tool to Serve Your Patrons and the World<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=406&reset=1>
Wikipedia has remained one of the most widely used websites for years, and many of us (both fans and foes) deal with this tool on a daily basis.  Come learn more about the strengths, weaknesses, and creative applications for the famous online encyclopedia-like creating a local community of contributors-in our newly scheduled session. Don't miss it!
Thursday, Mar. 30th, 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM EST, live ONLINE
Presenter: Don Boozer (General Reference Collections Manager), Cleveland Public Library

If you find yourself with questions about these or any of OhioNET's CE offerings, please don't hesitate to contact...
Shelly S. Miller  |  Community and Training Manager
OhioNET | 1500 West Lane Avenue | Columbus, OH 43221-3975
(800) 686-8975 x37  |  shellym at ohionet.org<mailto:shellym at ohionet.org>