[OPLINLIST] State of Ohio Training Association Summer Event

Judith Cosgray via OPLINLIST oplinlist at lists.oplin.org
Fri Jun 23 13:56:16 EDT 2017

The State of Ohio Training Association’s mission is to provide professional development opportunities and resources to training professionals who coordinate, conduct, influence, and/or are involved with training and organizational development activities. SOTA invites you to their Summer Event<http://www.trainingohio.com/sota-summer-event.html>!

How often have you heard that training professionals don’t really work hard?  We just show up to a classroom, talk for a couple of hours, hand out a “smile sheet,” and go home, right?  Well, you and I both know that’s just a load of fertilizer!  There are so many areas of knowledge we have to juggle before, during, and after the training event that we often don’t know where to go to get the knowledge and skills we truly need.  Well, we at SOTA are pleased to offer a summer event that will help us hone three distinct skills that every training pro should have in his or her toolbox: useful evaluation creation, engaging script writing, and successful web-based training development.  Join us on July 21 for a SOTA summer event<http://www.trainingohio.com/sota-summer-event.html> that guarantees you’ll take away a tidbit or two you can apply right away and prove the training naysayers wrong!
​​
AGENDA
8:00 a.m. – 8:45 a.m. –       Registration/Networking
8:45 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. –       Welcome/SOTA Board Introductions
                                                Steve Galloway, SOTA President
                                                Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction

Shanda Mustard, SOTA Past-President
            Ohio Department of Job and Family Services

9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. –    Kirkpatrick’s Model: Better Training through Evaluation
                                                Erica Banta, HR Data Analyst & Trainer
                                                The Ohio State University

11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. – Lunch (on your own)

12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. –    Script Writing Techniques
                                                Susan Willeke, Education & Communications Administrator
                                                Ohio Ethics Commission

1:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. –       Web-Based Training Development Panel Discussion
                                                Christopher Eberts, Technology-Based Training Developer
                                                Ohio Department of Taxation

Michael Lacy, Technology-Based Training Developer
            Ohio Department of Mental Health & Addiction Services

Kristie Rampe, Technology-Based Training Developer
            Ohio Department of Public Safety

Jamie Claypool, Technology-Based Training Developer
            Office of the Controller, The Ohio State University
3:00 p.m. – 3:15 p.m. –       Break

3:15 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. –       Jeopardy Review, with prizes!

4:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. –       Open Forum/Closing Remarks

Judith Cosgray
Baltimore Branch Manager
Fairfield County District Library
205 E. Market Street