[OPLINLIST] Background Checks on Speakers?

Susan Pieper via OPLINLIST oplinlist at lists.oplin.org
Wed Jun 28 14:35:23 EDT 2017

Hello all,
We have a few situations where we have local or area speakers who may come
and do a program for children and who do not have insurance. Do you ever do
a background check on speakers who are not getting paid and do not have
insurance coverage? My initial thought is that if they are conducting a
children's program, library staff are probably in attendance and they are
never left alone with the children. What say you?
Stay cool,
Susan
*Listening on Audio Book: Banana Cream Pie Murder by Joanne Fluke*
*Susan Hill Pieper, M.S.L.S.*
*Director/Librarian*
*Paulding County Carnegie Library*
*205 South Main Street*
*Paulding, Ohio 45879*
*(419) 399-2032 - Voice   (419) 399-2114 - Fax*
www.pauldingcountylibrary.com
https://www.facebook.com/PauldingCountyLibrary
<https://www.facebook.com/PauldingCountyLibrary?ref=hl>