[OPLINLIST] Passport Acceptance Facility

Mike Kirk via OPLINLIST oplinlist at lists.oplin.org
Thu Mar 23 17:15:51 EDT 2017

I recently came across an article about libraries becoming passport acceptance facilities.  I went to the State Department website and found that there are some libraries in the state that are passport acceptance facilities.  In town, the post office offers it (by appointment only) and the Morrow County Clerk of Courts (no evenings and no Saturdays).  I was thinking this would be a nice service to offer since the library is open into the evenings and on Saturdays.

So for those libraries that are passport acceptance facilities, what are the pros and cons?

Thanks for any information.

Mike Kirk

Director/Fiscal Officer

Mount Gilead Public Library