[OPLINLIST] Register today for advice on cataloging serials with OhioNET! Series begins 4/4/17

Shelly Miller via OPLINLIST oplinlist at lists.oplin.org
Tue Mar 28 08:51:02 EDT 2017

If you are responsible for processing serials at your library, check out OhioNET's upcoming webinar series that will cover the key issues, MARC fields, and bibliographic elements you need to consider when it comes to cataloging any kind of periodical resource--all from the convenience of your desk. As with our all Fundamentals of Cataloging sessions, this content is geared toward folks who primarily find and edit existing bibliographic records, but provides a solid introduction to what you need to know to work with both physical and electronic formats of serial resources.

*        Session 1-Fundamentals of Cataloging ONLINE: Serials Cataloging Overview<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=359&reset=1> will be Tuesday, Apr. 4th (1:30 PM to 3:30 PM)

*        Session 2-Fundamentals of Cataloging ONLINE: MARC for Serials<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=360&reset=1> will be Tuesday, Apr. 11th (1:30 PM to 3:30 PM)

*        Session 3-Fundamentals of Cataloging ONLINE: RDA vs AACR2 for Serials<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=363&reset=1> will be Tuesday, Apr. 18th (1:30 PM to 3:30 PM)

Can't make it during the scheduled times?  You'll still have access to our content.  Everyone who registers will automatically receive a link to view the archived recording of our session for later viewing.

Don't forget!  Employees of Premium Level OhioNET members can attend almost all of our in-house workshops or webinars at no charge.  Not sure what membership level your library maintains? Select your employer from the Organization list on the registration page and your member level will automatically be populated on the form.

If you think you might benefit from some hands-on time in a small-group, face-to-face setting to increase your comfort with these cataloging tasks for both physical and electronic periodicals, then sign up for our day-long, in-person session, Fundamentals of Cataloging: Serials<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=373&reset=1>. We will cover the same material as our webinar series but in an intensive one-day session.

Looking for even more CE options?  Check out the OhioNET Training Calendar<http://www.ohionet.org/training-calendar> for a full listing of all our currently scheduled events.

If you find yourself with questions about these or any of OhioNET's CE offerings, please don't hesitate to contact...
Shelly S. Miller  |  Community and Training Manager
OhioNET  |  1500 W. Lane Ave.  |  Columbus, OH 43221
shellym at ohionet.org<mailto:shellym at ohionet.org>  |  800-686-8975 ext. 37