[OPLINLIST] Statewide SRP/SLP incentives

jdwyer@library.ohio.gov via OPLINLIST oplinlist at lists.oplin.org
Wed Mar 29 10:03:37 EDT 2017

Cross-posted. Please excuse duplication.

Good morning,

The Ohio State Fair partners with the State Library of Ohio to support Ohio libraries' Summer Reading Programs/Summer Library Programs, by providing a $4 discount coupon for State Fair admission for SRP/SLP participants ages 5-14.

This coupon is now available for download for your 2017 SRP/SLP:
library.ohio.gov/documents/ohio-summer-reading-program-2017-incentive-1/<https://library.ohio.gov/documents/ohio-summer-reading-program-2017-incentive-1/> (password: statefair)
Please print or photocopy on YELLOW paper for distribution, and keep track of how many you distribute.
Do not share the link or password with anyone but Ohio public library staff.

The Ohio State Fair runs from July 26 - August 6 this year. For more information: ohiostatefair.com<http://ohiostatefair.com/>

Also, the Ohio Renaissance Festival (Ren Fest) is again offering 50% off gate admission coupons for SRP/SLP participants of ALL AGES. To receive these coupons, please complete and return this form to Ren Fest by April 7:
library.ohio.gov/documents/ohio-renaissance-festival-form/<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Flibrary.ohio.gov%2Fdocuments%2Fohio-renaissance-festival-form%2F&data=01%7C01%7Cjdwyer%40library.ohio.gov%7C0c9f2d35adee45162c4e08d456acc125%7C50f8fcc494d84f0784eb36ed57c7c8a2%7C0&sdata=x8X8JMz2MmaQ5dqWY2sddu3CU9V9l35VDNy8o%2FnPG8Y%3D&reserved=0>

Ren Fest is in Harveysburg, south of Dayton, adjacent to Caesar Creek State Park. It runs weekends from September 2 - October 29. For more information: renfestival.com<http://www.renfestival.com/>

Several librarians have asked about the ODNR/Ohio State Parks ½ off camping certificate. ODNR has partnered with State Library for several years to provide this certificate as an all-ages SRP/SLP incentive.

The last I heard from my contact at the State Parks office, the 2017 certificate was in process and they were working on revisions to their online reservation system. That was a few weeks ago and I haven't been updated since. I have emails out, and when I have more information - and especially the 2017 certificate master - I will post a notice to this listserv. Thank you for your patience, and for your great good work in providing awesome SRP/SLPs for your community.

Sincerely,
Janet

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D2A86F.5F7958B0]
Janet Ingraham Dwyer
Library Consultant
274 E. 1st Avenue
Columbus, OH 43201
Tel: 614-644-6910
Fax: 614-466-3584
jdwyer at library.ohio.gov<mailto:jdwyer at library.ohio.gov>
http://library.ohio.gov<http://library.ohio.gov/>
http://library.ohio.gov/youth-services
[cid:image002.png at 01CE3601.569A19D0]<https://www.facebook.com/StateLibraryOhio>  [Description: Twitter logo - links to the State Library of Ohio's Twitter page] <http://twitter.com/statelibohio>   [Description: Blog logo - Links to the State Library of Ohio's blog] <http://library.ohio.gov/blog/>   [cid:image005.png at 01CE3601.569A19D0] <http://pinterest.com/stlibohio/>
Share Your Story<http://library.ohio.gov/state-librarian/share-your-story> by telling us how a State Library service or resource helped you or your library.