[OPLINLIST] Got fragile or unique items in needs of some TLC? Last chance to sign up for OhioNET's Advanced Book Repair and Structure workshop!

Shelly Miller via OPLINLIST oplinlist at lists.oplin.org
Tue May 2 09:45:49 EDT 2017

Time is running out! If you have items in your archives, manuscripts, special or local history collections that could use some TLC, sign up TODAY to join us for the Advanced Book Repair and Structure<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=381&reset=1> workshop at OhioNET on May 18th. This session picks up where our basic book repair class leaves off, covering introductory preservation techniques and decision-making processes for rare, brittle, and fragile books. In addition to plenty of practice time and one-on-one attention from our workshop leader, Dr. Miriam Kahn, participants will receive a supply kit (and list of handy materials) to take back to their institutions!
Registration closes THIS Thursday, May 4th
Advanced Book Repair and Structure<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=381&reset=1>
Thursday, May 18th from 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM at OhioNET
Presenter: Dr. Miriam Kahn

Note: Pricing for this session includes a kit fee of $70. For Premium Members, this is a rare situation in which you will be charged for attendance.  Not sure what membership level your library maintains? Select your employer from the drop-down list on the registration page and your member level will automatically be populated on the form.

Looking for ways to repair your circulating collections?  We’ll be hosting a basic book repair workshop in early August.  Registration will be opening soon, so watch or inbox or keep an eye on the OhioNET Training Calendar<http://www.ohionet.org/training-calendar> for a listing of all our currently available events.

If you find yourself with questions about these or any of our other CE options, don’t hesitate to contact us<mailto:ohionet at ohionet.org>--we’re always happy to help!
Shelly S. Miller
Community and Training Manager
OhioNET  |  1500 W. Lane Ave.  |  Columbus, OH 43221
shellym at ohionet.org<mailto:shellym at ohionet.org>  |  800-686-8975 ext. 37