[OPLINLIST] Ohio Geological Survey Publications Available

Lisa.Long at dnr.state.oh.us Lisa.Long at dnr.state.oh.us
Fri Nov 24 08:12:02 EST 2017

The Ohio Geological Survey has begun a process of consolidating and downsizing our inventory of paper publications. This process reflects our gradual shift to releasing more of these publications in a digital format via our website and other media, but it also is part of an effort to get more of our maps and reports into the hands of individuals and organizations that might benefit from the information provided in them. Currently, we are offering a number of retail publications for free to organizations with the understanding that the items will need to be either picked up from our Geologic Records Center<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fgeosurvey.ohiodnr.gov%2Fcontacts-about-us%2Fgeologic-records-center&data=02%7C01%7CLisa.Long%40dnr.state.oh.us%7C2892db4eb2764fcfc34608d51593fae8%7C50f8fcc494d84f0784eb36ed57c7c8a2%7C0%7C0%7C636438647669585287&sdata=oykkUuH4MeCo8cADEvaEYcGOJYdB6pWVIyheC3PUv6Q%3D&reserved=0> or shipped/mailed with the recipients paying the cost of shipping only. I have attached a full list of titles that are available for the Ohio Geological Survey's inventory reduction program. PLEASE NOTE: At this stage of our inventory downsizing process, we are offering these publications to organizations rather than directly to the public. Consequently, the information about our retail publications on our website will not reflect this inventory reduction program. Also, some titles listed on our website are not available for free distribution because (1) they are out of print; (2) there is a limited quantity remaining; or (3) we are still selling the item regularly, which means that we are depleting our stock and continue to reprint the title as needed. Digital maps and compact disk items are not part of this retail publication reduction program.

Geologic Records Center
2045 Morse Rd., Bldg. C
Columbus, OH 43229
Phone: (614) 265-6576
E-mail: geo.survey at dnr.state.oh.us<mailto:geo.survey at dnr.state.oh.us>
Web: www.ohiogeology.com<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ohiogeology.com&data=02%7C01%7CLisa.Long%40dnr.state.oh.us%7C2892db4eb2764fcfc34608d51593fae8%7C50f8fcc494d84f0784eb36ed57c7c8a2%7C0%7C0%7C636438647669585287&sdata=AjBc95BJLqJ2kgPbAbSeoch9edXebINBSYn%2B%2FoTLEtE%3D&reserved=0>

We are also happy to tell you about our educational leaflets<http://geosurvey.ohiodnr.gov/publications-maps-data/free-downloads/educational-leaflets> and other materials that are always free to the public and may be of interest for your brochure racks or outreach activities. Please contact us with any questions you may have about this offer or if we can answer any other questions about our services.

Sincerely,

Lisa
Lisa F. Long | Librarian/Archivist
Ohio Department of Natural Resources | Division of Geological Survey
2045 Morse Rd., Bldg. C-1 | Columbus, Ohio 43229
614.265.6590 | lisa.long at dnr.state.oh.us<mailto:lisa.long at dnr.state.oh.us> | www.ohiogeology.com<http://www.ohiogeology.com/>

Created in 1837<http://geosurvey.ohiodnr.gov/contacts-about-us/about-the-division/timeline-of-survey>, the Ohio Geological Survey is the oldest natural resources agency in the state.
Dedicated to researching and mapping Ohio's geology, the Survey is the state's
permanent archive and public access point for geologic data that supports industry,
commerce, environment, safety, and public education.-Charles R. Salmons