[OPLINLIST] Publication from the Ohio Department of Aging

marshams at library.ohio.gov marshams at library.ohio.gov
Tue Aug 21 10:39:19 EDT 2018

Please excuse multiple postings...
Sent on behalf of the Ohio Department of Aging.
Feel free to share the attachment with your patrons.

Greetings STEADY U Ohio partners!

Attached is the September 2018 issue of our STEADY U Ohio partner newsletter. Since September is Falls Prevention Awareness Month, the topic is Let's Talk About Fall Prevention and offers tips for having the sometimes difficult conversation with older loved ones about falls. I hope you will find this "cut-and-paste" content handy for use in your newsletters, social media and other outreach.

We'd appreciate knowing how you use the resources in this newsletter and any other of our STEADY U resources. Please let me know if you have ideas for future topics or suggestions for new resources we can offer.

Finally, I wanted to make sure that you were aware of our fourth annual "10 Million Steps to Prevent Falls" campaign. Once again, we are asking for your help in achieving our statewide goal of 10 million steps (or 4,000 miles) walked to raise awareness of older adult falls and the many things we and our older loved ones can do to reduce the risk that comes with increased age. Learn more about this opportunity at www.aging.ohio.gov/steadyu/10millionsteps<http://www.aging.ohio.gov/steadyu/10millionsteps>.

Thank you for being a partner and for helping us prevent older adult falls among your staff, partners and stakeholders.

---
John R. Ratliff
Chief of Communications
Ohio Department of Aging

###
[StateLibraryLogo-smaller-AA2]

Marsha McDevitt-Stredney, Ph.D.
Public Information Officer
Director, Marketing & Communications
274 E. 1st Avenue
Columbus, OH 43201
Tel: 614-644-6875
Fax: 614-466-3584
library.ohio.gov<http://library.ohio.gov/>

Share Your Story<http://library.ohio.gov/state-librarian/share-your-story> by telling us how a
State Library service or resource helped
you or your library.