[OPLINLIST] Managing and Utilizing Statistics: Telling your library story through data

Heidi Beke-Harrigan heidib at ohionet.org
Tue Feb 27 12:20:17 EST 2018

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D3AFC5.532CCF20]

In our previous session, we focused on what usage statistics are and how to collect them.  Now that you’ve got your data, what can you *do* with it?  This session takes the next step in this series by exploring options for storing usage data and guiding attendees through a series of potential options to put that data to work.  We’ll give an overview of 3 major usage areas—analyzing, sharing, and re-purposing—and the tools and tips appropriate for each to help you get started.
Managing and Utilizing Usage Statistics<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=438&reset=1>
Thursday, April 19th from 3:00PM-4:00PM
Presenter: Jennifer Bazeley
Can't make it in real time?  Sign up and be sure to get link to view the recording of this session at your convenience.

Other Upcoming Events in the Data Analysis and Assessment Series

More often, library staff members in all types of environments are being asked to employ data-driven decision-making methods.  But, this can be a new and daunting prospect for many who just aren't sure where to start.  In this two-part series, we will explore the research process and its history, why we value it, and what it might look like in real-world scenarios.

Real-World Assessment: Demystifying Research (Part 1)<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=454&reset=1>
The first session will focus on the background knowledge and vocabulary that will help you understand the basic research process—from context to data collection to analysis and conclusions—and how to identify quality research.
Monday, June 4thth, 2018 from 1:30PM-2:30PM
Presenter: Dr. Miriam Matteson and Kara Reuter

Real-World Assessment: Demystifying Research (Part 2)<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=455&reset=1>
In this second session in our two-part series, the presenters will focus on the “how” of good research and assessment. By exploring different example projects, participants will learn practical, straightforward ways to assess their community's needs, library's products and services while at the same time ensuring credible, convincing results.
Monday, June 18th, 2018 from 1:30PM-2:30PM
Presenter: Dr. Miriam Matteson and Kara Reuter

Looking for more?  Check out these upcoming webinars or head to the OhioNET Training Calendar<http://www.ohionet.org/training-calendar> for a full listing of all our upcoming learning opportunities.

If you find yourself with questions about this, or any of our other CE offerings, please don't hesitate to contact us (ohionet at ohionet.org<mailto:ohionet at ohionet.org>).  We're always happy to help!

“See” you soon,

Heidi

Heidi Beke-Harrigan, MLS, CPL
Member Services Coordinator
OhioNET | 1500 West Lane Ave | Columbus, OH 43221
614-484-1068 | 800-686-8975, ext. 28
heidib at ohionet.org<mailto:heidib at ohionet.org> | www.ohionet.org
Connecting Libraries for Stronger Communities