[OPLINLIST] Last Call for Advanced book Repair and Structure Workshop

Heidi Beke-Harrigan heidib at ohionet.org
Tue Jul 24 09:47:49 EDT 2018

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D42333.774657F0]

Are you looking to build on the basic book repair workshop? Do you have local or unique items in your archives, manuscripts, special collections or local history collection in need of a little TLC?  Join us to learn about a variety of preservation strategies. We generally offer this advanced workshop only once a year, so don't miss this hands-on opportunity.

Attendees will participate in decision-making and product evaluation for rare, brittle, and fragile books, apply stabilizing preservation decisions, and evaluate rehousing and boxing options. Techniques will include pamphlet binding, multiple signature binding, paper repair with wheat starch paste and Japanese paper, appropriate use of heat set tissue, and encapsulation techniques.
Registration for this event closes July 31st and space is limited.
Advanced Book Repair and Structure Workshop<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=432&reset=1>
Tuesday, August 14th, 2018 from 9:30 AM-4:30 PM at OhioNET
Presenter: Dr. Miriam Kahn
PLEASE NOTE: The kit fee for this session ($70) is reflected in the session pricing.
Other Upcoming Events in the Preservation and Access Series Include:

  *   Copyright in Action: Considerations for Instruction<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=442&reset=1>
August 16th, 2018 - 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
  *   Copyright in Action: Coping with Copyright Questions in Your Library<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=443>
October 18th, 2018 - 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm

Looking for more?  Check out these upcoming webinars or head to the OhioNET Training Calendar<http://www.ohionet.org/training-calendar> for a full listing of all our upcoming learning opportunities.

If you find yourself with questions about this, or any of our other CE offerings, please don't hesitate to contact us (ohionet at ohionet.org<mailto:ohionet at ohionet.org>).  We're always happy to help!

"See" you soon,

Heidi

Heidi Beke-Harrigan, MLS, CPL
Member Services Coordinator
OhioNET | 1500 West Lane Ave | Columbus, OH 43221
614-484-1068 | 800-686-8975, ext. 28
heidib at ohionet.org<mailto:heidib at ohionet.org> | www.ohionet.org
Connecting Libraries for Stronger Communities