[OPLINLIST] Register Today for Genealogy Webinars: Ancestry, Fold3, African American Heritage and HeritageQuest

Mandy Knapp mandy at oplin.ohio.gov
Mon May 21 12:30:42 EDT 2018

Hello all,

I hope you are having a lovely day today. As you know, OPLIN will provide a
suite of Genealogy resources to public libraries starting July 1. To
support you, we are offering a number of webinars ranging from introductory
to in-depth on a particular resource. To sign up for any of the follow,
please visit https://proquestmeetings.webex.com/proquestmeetings/
onstage/g.php?PRID=4cc06ce6e8e99bbe2a4eedd201db4827

*Introduction to Genealogy*
Tuesday, July 10, 2018 10:00 am

Please join this introductory session to learn more about the genealogy
resources available for OPLIN libraries. This session will talk about
things to think about before starting family history research. We’ll cover
resources available in the databases that help organize research. We’ll
also review basic genealogy practices that can lead to better outcomes.
This webinar will be designed to help library staff as they prepare for
their own onsite trainings for patrons or as they are working with
genealogy researchers.

This session will cover descriptions of the databases available to OPLIN
libraries – Ancestry Library Edition, Fold 3, HeritageQuest and African
American Heritage – but will not show searching or cover specific database
information.

*Ancestry Library Edition and Fold3*
Thursday, July 12, 2018 2:00 pm
Please join this 60 minutes session to learn more about these databases.

*HeritageQuest and African American Heritage*
Tuesday, July 17, 2018 2:00 pm
Please join this 60 minutes session to learn more about these databases.

*Review of Genealogy Resources*
Thursday, July 19, 2018 10:00 am

This webinar will review and wrap-up the information covered in the
previous sessions for Ancestry Library Edition, Fold 3, HeritageQuest and
African American Heritage. This webinar will review unique content that can
supplement family history research as well as content specific to the Ohio
area. This session will tie together the previous sessions for a complete
review and provide tips for next steps as researchers move along in their
family history searches.

If you're looking for webinars on other statewide webinars, those links can
be found here: https://www.oplin.ohio.gov/new-database-training-information

If you're looking for a list of all resources staying or leaving on July 1,
that list can be found here:
https://www.oplin.ohio.gov/new-databases-starting-july-1

I know this is a lot of information! :) Please let me know what questions
you have at this time.

Best,
Mandy Knapp
Digital Resources Manager