[OPLINLIST] WikiConference

Cora Slack cora.slack at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 16:19:24 EDT 2018

Hello,

You're invited to attend WikiConference North America 2018, hosted by the
Ohio State University Libraries in Columbus, Ohio from October 18-21!
WikiConference North America is the annual conference of Wikimedia
enthusiasts and volunteers in the United States, Canada, and Mexico. This
is a great opportunity to learn more about the world of Wikipedia, meet and
network with the people who make it happen, and also learn about new
emerging projects that will transform the information field, including
an *Introduction
to Wikipedia for Librarians* hosted by OCLC.

Main website: https://wikiconference.org/wiki/2018/Main_Page
Schedule: https://wikiconference.org/wiki/2018/Schedule
Register here: https://tools.wmflabs.org/wcna-2018-registration/

An overview of the conference follows:

Thursday, October 18 will be the conference's tech day, featuring a
hackathon, tech demos, Wikidata sessions, and more. We'll also be providing
other events and tours of Ohio State institutions as alternative activities.

On October 19, the conference will be moving downtown to the Columbus
Metropolitan Library for our Culture Crawl. We'll be partnering with
multiple cultural institutions and providing backstage tours. We'll also be
hosting collaborative edit-a-thons and other activities with these
institutions. The day will end back on the Ohio State campus for an evening
reception.

October 20-21 (Saturday to Sunday) is our main conference, featuring
sessions from the community. These will include presentations, panels,
workshops, meet-ups, unconference sessions, and more.

For Ohio students, event *registration is free* (though lunch will not be
included).

If you have further questions, please email us at info at wikiconference.org.

Thank you!