[OPLINLIST] Build Community Connections with a Local History Project

Shelly Miller shellym at ohionet.org
Wed Oct 10 11:08:59 EDT 2018

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D46089.A3580DF0]

Libraries often find themselves the de facto stewards of many a local history collection.  Make sure yours does more than collect dust.  Join to us for a hands-on lesson in building an engaging project to bring awareness to your resources and develop relationships in your community. Our workshop leader, Dr. Miriam Kahn, will walk attendees through the steps involved in creating a sample project: a virtual tour of your downtown area or other local, historically interesting locations.

Hands-on Local History: Sources and Strategies for a Community-Centered Project<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=435>
Thursday, Nov. 15th, 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM at OhioNET
Presenter: Dr. Miriam Kahn

Looking for more Reference Skills & Resources?  Click on the session title link below for more information about our upcoming Subject Analysis series.

Voter Information Sources<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=434>
Wednesday, Oct. 31st, 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM
Connect your users with reliable information sources for learning about voting records of Congress members, getting background information on ballot issues, and more.

Or head to the OhioNET Training Calendar<http://www.ohionet.org/training-calendar> for a full listing of all our upcoming learning opportunities.

If you find yourself with questions about this, or any of our other CE offerings, please don't hesitate to contact us (ohionet at ohionet.org<mailto:ohionet at ohionet.org>).  We're always happy to help!

Cheers,

Shelly

Shelly S. Miller, MLIS
Community and Training Manager
OhioNET  |  1500 W. Lane Ave.  |  Columbus, OH 43221
shellym at ohionet.org<mailto:shellym at ohionet.org>  |  800-686-8975 ext. 37
www.ohionet.org

Connecting Libraries for Stronger Communities